Grief & Healing
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Welcome to Stevens-McGhee Funeral Home | Our professional and caring staff takes pride in providing high quality and affordable funeral services that meet the special needs of your family. We offer a complete range of quality services and are experienced at honoring many faiths and customs.
When planning a service, you have many options available to you and we will do all that we can to provide a beautiful and respectful ceremony. Our highly experienced staff is committed to providing each family with compassionate professionalism.
We are always available, any time of the day, night, and any day of the week. For IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE, dial 229-263-4978, or email us.
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes and lean on each other.
Our professionals have gathered a few recommended local and national resources for your family and friends to use during this time of loss.
301 East Green St.
Quitman, GA 31643